Stony Brook University
- Phonological determinants in word formation processes
- Computational modeling of lexical and behavioral word formation data
Check out the sublexical learner!
- Documentation, analysis, and preservation of endangered languages
- Honaida Ahyad and Michael Becker (accepted) Vowel unpredictability in Hijazi Arabic monosyllabic verbs. Glossa.
- Anne-Michelle Tessier and Michael Becker (2018) Vowel but not consonant identity and the very informal English lexicon. In Gillian Gallagher, Maria Gouskova and Sora Yin (eds.), Supplemental Proceedings of the 2017 Annual Meeting on Phonology. Washington, DC: Linguistic Society of America.
- Michael Becker, Andrew Nevins, Filomena Sandalo, and Érick Rizzato (2018) The acquisition path of [w]-final plurals in Brazilian Portuguese. Journal of Portuguese Linguistics 17(1),4. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5334/jpl.189
- Michael Becker, Lauren Eby Clemens, and Andrew Nevins (2017) Generalization of French and Portuguese Plural Alternations and Initial Syllable Protection. NLLT 35:2, 299–345.
- Michael Becker and Maria Gouskova (2016) Source-oriented generalizations as grammar inference in Russian vowel deletion. Linguistic Inquiry 47:3, pp. 391–425.